Old Friendship Association

(Complete List of Churches)

Little Zion Church -

Mary Lou Church -

Old Samariah Church -

Bee Branch Church -

North Springs Church -

Panther Creek Church -

Little Dove Church -

Pine Grove Church -

Mt. Zion Church -

Old Sulphur Springs Church -

New Home Church -

Indian Bottom Association

Friendship Church -


Friendship Church formerly called the Conway Church was organized October 5, 1918. It was an arm from the Providence Church. Friendship has been in both Indian Bottom and New Salem Associations.


Presbytery as follows: Elders W.K. Blair, Charles Blair, and Enoch Blair. Appointed Enoch Blair, Moderator


Photo Taken: March 2016

New Bethlehem Church -


The New Bethlehem Church organized on October 7, 1933. It was an arm from the Clear Creek Church.


Presbytery as follows - Elders Robert Combs, Harrison Williams, Isaac Ritchie, and Deacon Bro. Francis. Appointed Elder Robert Combs, Moderator and Elder Harrison Williams, Clerk.


Photo Taken: December 2015

Big Leatherwood Church -



Big Leatherwood organized on July 8, 1871. It was an arm from the Indian Bottom Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders John A. Caudill, Wiley Morris, Samuel Combs, and James Dixon. Appointed Elder James Dixon, Moderator and Charles L. Cornett, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Blair Branch Church -


Blair Branch Church organized May 17, 1952. It was an arm on the Doty Creek Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders G.M. Caudill, Roy Whitaker, Herman Caudill, Aluah caudill, Howard Caudill, Wesley Caudill, and J.W. Pratt. Appointed Elder Roy Whitaker, Moderator.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Cedar Grove Church -


Cedar Grove Church was organized on May 23, 1914. It was an arm from the Big Leatherwood Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Ira Combs, Noah Adams, Joe Hagans, L.C. Riddle, W.J. Combs, Appointed Ira Combs, Moderator and W.J. Combs, Clerk of the presbytery.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Defeated Creek Church -


Defeated Creek Church was organized on October 6, 1928. It was an arm from the Cedar Grove Church. The Church was originally called Pine Grove Church then in April of 1929 changed to Ingram Creek Church then in July of 1955 when relocated changed to Defeated Creek.


Presbytery as follows: Elders L.C. Riddle, George B. Isom, and Boone Cornett. Appointed Elder L.C. Riddle, Moderator and Boone Cornett, Clerk of the presbytery.

Photo Taken: March 2016

Dixon Memorial Church -

Little Zion Church -


Little Zion Church was organized August 14, 1909. It was an arm of the Big Leatherwood Church.

Charter members as follows: Elder Hiram Fields, Elder Ira Combs, Hiram Combs, Elzira Combs, Polly Ann Crawford, Susan Tyree, Joseph Cornett, Morgan Cornett, Chester Combs, Polly Ann Boggs, Mary Combs, Aly Walker, Sally Davison, Sally Ann Adams, Margaret Cornett, Cinthia Combs, Jasper Cornett, and Polly Ann Cornett.

Photo Taken: March 2016

Mt. Olivet Church -

Tolson Creek Church -


Tolson Creek Church organized May 23, 1942. It was an arm of the Sandlick Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Crit Eldridge, Tip Cornett, A.C. Craft, Kirby Ison, J.M. Webb, and J.B. Stallard. Appointed Elder Tip Cornett, Moderator and Jasper Boggs, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Happy Home Church -

Poor Fork Church -

Little Dove Church -

Clear Fork Church -


Clear Fork Church was organized April 12, 1952. It was an arm from the Clear Creek Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders George Centers, Charley Cornett, Bill Abram, Frank Fugate, Dan Gibson, Harrison Williams, George Hagans, and L.D. Francis. Elder George Hagans, Moderator and L.D. Francis, Clerk of the presbytery.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Rock Fork Church -

Ivy Point Church -


Ivy Point Church was organized on October 8, 1949. It was an arm from the Little Home Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders George Hagans, Paris Hagans, Earl Howard, and Ed Mosley. Appointed Elder Earl Howard, Moderator.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Bethlehem Church -


Note: The only information available on Little Bethlehem Church;


In the 1938 proceedings of the Indian Bottom Association -

#4 "Called for newly constituted churches and received petitionary letters, one from the Dry Fork Church and one from the Little Bethlehem Church. Their letters were received and delegates seated as shown in the table of statistics; their Constitution being found orthodox."

Photo Taken: March 2016

New Home Church -


New Home Church was organized May 2, 1911. It was an arm from the Old Carr Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Joe Hall, Ira Combs, N.T. Maggard, and L.D. Mosley. Elder Ira Combs, Moderator and Joe Hall, Clerk of the presbytery.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Mt. Olive Church -


Mt. Olive Church organized on February 22, 1890. It was an arm from the Mallet Fork Church.


Charter Members: Elder J.C. Slone, Elder Joseph Hall, A.J. Slone, Sarah Slone, Elizabeth Slone, Henry Slone, Vina Slone, Vison Owens, and Lucindia Owens. Appointed Elder J.C. Slone, Moderator and Arland Slone, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Bethany Church -


Little Bethany Church organized July 18, 1987


Photo Taken: March 2016

Chester Hogg Memorial Church -





Photo Taken: 2016

Big Creek Church -


Big Creek Church organized in 1965


Photo Taken: March 2016

Northern New Home -


Northern New Home organized in 1970.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Rosa Church -

Left Beaver Church -


Left Beaver Church organized in 1972



Photo Taken: March 2016

Bethany Church -


Bethany Church organized March 11, 1922. It was an arm of the Mt. Calvary Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders Columbus Cole, W.C. Hay, and G.W. Thornhill.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Jewel Church -


Little Jewel Church organized on October 5, 1946. It was an arm of the South Fork Church of the Philadelphia Association.


First Officers: Elder Baxter Osborne, Moderator and Elder Alonzo Tackett, Clerk.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Reynolds Fork Church -


Reynolds Fork was organized on August 23, 1941. It was an arm of the New Home Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders N.T. Maggard, George Hagans, and W.M.B. Smith. Appointed George Hagans, Moderator of the presbytery.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Summertown Church -

Big Cowan Church -


Big Cowan Church was organized in 1857. It was an arm of the Indian Bottom Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders John A. Caudill, B.E. Caudill, James Dixon, and Samuel Maggard.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Little Hannah Church -

Kingdom Come Church -

Little David Church -

Pilgrim's Home Church -

Little David Church -

Pilgrim's Home Church -

Little Flock Church -

Bethlehem Church -

McRoberts Church -

Bull Creek Church -‚Äč

Indian Bottom Association Building -


Organized in 1896 the Indian Bottom Association formed from and split in the SandLick Association. The split occured do to the doctrine of predestination. The first Moderator was Elder John Creech, John W. Dixon, Clerk, and H.G. Pratt & Samuel Francis, Assistants. There have been two splits in the Indian Bottom Association one in 1932 and the second in 1960. The first lasting from 1932-1937 known as the W.G. Combs/J.T. Whitaker side. Currently there are two sides the Indian Bottom and Old Indian Bottom Associations.


Pictured: Formerly the Yellow Creek School Building (Erected 1935)

Photo Taken: March 2016 

Mountain Association

Cow Creek Church-








Photo Taken: March 2016

Mountain Association

Grapevine Church -








Photo Taken: March 2016

Valley Settlement Church -








Photo Taken: March 2016

Shoulder Blade Church -

Canoe Fork Church -

New Mt. Zion Church -

Thornton Union Association

Thornton Church -


Thornton Church was organized in 1848. It was an arm of the Sandlick Church.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Thornton Union Association

Thornton Church -


Thornton Church was organized in 1848. It was an arm of the Sandlick Church.



Photo Taken: March 2016

Sovereign Grace Association

Mt. Moriah Church - 

Blessed Hope Church -

Independent Old Regular Baptist Churches

Maggard Church -

Little Samuel Memorial Church -


Little Samuel was organized on August 18, 1934. It was an arm from the Thornton Church.


Charter members as follows: Joe Cornett, Noah Couch, Spike Sizemore, Dicy Jent, Pearl Cole, Polly Ann Cornett, Pearl Blackwood, James Plowman, Charlie Cornett, Clara Sexton, Peggy Couch, Rachel Stildham, Belle Price, Amanda Littleton, Bartola Cornett, Manerva Johnson, W.M. Wells, and Mary Francis Combs. Appointed Elder G. Bennett Adams, Moderator and Chas Cornett, Assistant Moderator. Photo Taken: December 2015 

Redeemed Church -


Redeemed Church was organized in 1936. It was an arm of the Popular Spring Church formerly of the Iron Hill Association of United Baptist.


Presbytery as folllows: Elders Riley Johnson, Wardie Craft, Harvey McGlone, and John Burchwell. Appointed Elder Wardie Craft, Moderator.


Photo Taken: March 2016

Ira Combs Memorial Church -


Ira Combs Memorial organized on August 14, 1909. It was an arm of the Big Leatherwood Church.

Charter members as follows: Elder Ira Combs, Hiram Combs, Elzira Combs, Polly Ann Crawford, Susan Tyree, Joseph Cornett, Margan Cornett, Chester Combs, Polly Ann Boggs, Mary Combs, Aly Walker, Sally Davison, Sally Ann Adams, Margaret Cornett, Cinthia Combs, Jasper Cornett, and Polly Ann Cornett. Appointed Elder Ira Combs, Moderator and Joseph Cornett Clerk. Photo Taken: March 2016

Little Mary Church -


Little Mary Church organized March 14, 1982.

Bethel Church -

Little Rock Church -


Little Rock Church organized March 23, 1913. It was an arm of the Bethel Church.


Presbytery as follows: Elders A.L. Mercer, Marion Mullins, G.W. Powell, W.F. Addington, Ben Adams, S.M. Adams, Harrison Stanley, John Casebolt, A.M. Mullins, B.J. Adams, and Willie S. Mullins. Appointed Elder W.F. Addington, Moderator.


Photo Taken: May 2016

Dissolved Old Regular Baptist Churches

Chavies Church - Formerly in Mountain Association

Indian Bottom Church - Formerly Indian Bottom Association W.G. Combs / J.T. Whitaker Side (1932-1937).


The Indian Bottom Church organized on November 17, 1810. Organized from members of the North District Association.


Presbytery as follows - Elders William Salisbury, Simeon Justice, and Electious Thompson.

Appointed Elder Electious Thompson, Moderator and Isaac Whitaker, Clerk.


Indian Bottom has been a member of: Washington, Burning Spring, New Salem, Sandlick, and Indian Bottom Associations.

Northern Little Dove Church -


Northern Little Dove organized in 1961 and joined the New Salem Association that same year.

It was an arm from the Little Alvie Church in the New Salem Association.


Pictured is the original church building used for some time then later moved to a new location.


Photo Taken: November 2015

Cedars of Lebanon Church -

Charity Church - Formerly of the Sardis Association

Oven Fork Church - Formerly of the Thornton Union Association


Oven Fork Church was organized on October 21, 1820.


In 1821 Oven Fork lettered to the Burning Springs Association. In 1825 to the New Salem Association. Lettered to the Sandlick District when it was organized in 1876. Went through the Hardshell split on the orthodox side of Sandlick in 1894, which became Indian Bottom Association.


Photo Taken: March 2016